Social media is beset with whiners and crazy people. I live in Illinois, where Gov. Pritzker has done an excellent job of keeping Illinoisans alive, in spite of their objections and stupidity. Now that he has unveiled the stages of opening up the state, people are acting like he has murdered their children.
Ya’ll know he didn’t make the virus, right? He’s just listening to the experts and following the model of damn near every other country trying to fight the virus.
None of this should need to be said, but as the stupidity of the general populace continues to surprise and overwhelm me, I’ll say it anyway:
- Pritzker isn’t in charge of the virus. He didn’t make it. He isn’t “keeping you home” he is asking you to stay home. He isn’t “forcing you to wear a face mask” he is asking you to wear one. When someone asks you to do something while saying repeatedly that they are not going to mandate police crack down on it, then where is the force? Ya’ll aren’t listening and why do you have to act like you are oppressed here? Literally, he is asking you to try to not fucking murder your friends and neighbors. And you hate him for making a request? A REQUEST?!? You aren’t showing your patriotism here by refusing, you are showing your complete disregard for others and your inability to listen and understand words.
- This all sucks for everyone for the most part. It sucks for everyone in different ways, but it still sucks for everyone. You aren’t special or alone in this sucking.
- None of this is about you. Other than having to be a considerate member of society, none of these guidelines target anyone specifically. They target the virus. The virus that is killing people, including health care workers.
- Your religious freedom isn’t being infringed upon because you aren’t allowed to go into a packed church and breathe in and out all of the germs therein. You know they are doing online services now? You can attend church online and not MURDER the other people there. While there is a lot of misinformation out there, like some places say that social distancing should be 20 feet not 6, almost all of the information supports large groups equal large amount of people infected. I’m honestly surprised at how many people hate their church families so much they want them all to die this way. Even Southern Illinois’ very own Teri Bryant thinks that this infringes on her freedom. I had no idea she was so stupid and so partisan or that she wanted her constituents dead, but here we are in the worst timeline where everyone is relentlessly evil for no fucking reason.
- Making this political is getting people killed. Every person that whines about masks or not being able to be a barfly or social distancing or what the fuck ever seem to be doing so from a weirdly political stance. Covid kills Democrats, Republicans, non voters, and everyone else in the same way. Did you know that it is even killing people who aren’t Americans and have NOTHING to do with our politics? This is beyond stupidity. At this point, all of these fools are making the stay at home order longer, so I completely blame them.
- Compliance in public health isn’t an issue of freedom it is an issue of a functioning society. Your individual needs are not more important than someone’s life, even if that person has different politics from you. That’s why murder is illegal. The people making this political are literally getting people killed. Yeah, Teri Bryant, that includes you, you stupid little fool.
- You hate Pritkzer and how he wants to keep his constituents alive so you are going to move. FUCKING MOVE ALREADY. I hear you all talking about moving, but instead you sit here and bitch and do nothing productive. Either move already or shut the fuck up. The more of you people that move the better. Missouri is open, go there. I hear Iowa is open, too. Bye.
- Lots of other countries wear face masks during outbreaks of various things. It isn’t a big deal. I’m asthmatic, I get anxiety attacks, and I hate confined spaces, but I figure drowning in my own lungs is worse, so I’ll just suck it up and wear one. Also, if I am some asymptomatic carrier, I would be completely and totally devastated if I unwittingly gave this to someone else, especially if that resulted in their death and wearing a mask helps prevent this. Also, there are actually a lot of really cute masks out there. This doesn’t have to be awful – you are just making it that way. You are supposed to make lemonade with lemons, not squirt them into your own eyes.
- Normal doesn’t exist anymore so stop talking about “getting back” to normal. Any semblance of “normal” is going to be 2021 or later, if then. We have discovered through this that companies can work remotely, children can learn remotely, and that our supply chain is more vulnerable than previously imagined. Remember all of the rules, regulations, and crap that went into effect after 9/11? Patriot act, anyone? Only 3000 people died in the attacks on the twin towers. We are losing that number of people EVERY DAY. And rising. If you don’t think that alone will prompt some new legislation, new normals, and new ways of looking at and doing things, you are not paying attention.
- Fuck the economy. If we are to believe that capitalism works, then LET THE BIG CORPORATIONS FAIL. If we lose some big corporations that might suck for a while, but people will fill that void. That is how capitalism is supposed to work. The CDC mentioned masks one day, and my entire FB feed was full of different ones to buy or order that same week. If we’d just stop pouring all of this money into businesses that clearly can’t sustain a workable model. then we’d see a lot more individuals and small businesses coming up in the wreckage. Instead, due to Trump and the GOP we have corporate welfare, where companies take millions/billions/trillions from taxpayers without giving anything back in return. For all of you people out there so upset about “the economy” try to realize that for some of us, losing a family member or friend to a virus is going to have a higher priority than some corporate behemoth tanking because they don’t know how to run a business. When you talk about the economy while 3k Americans die every day, you don’t just sound evil, you sound completely morally unhinged and beyond sociopathic. And not to keep beating the 9/11 horse, but we were in a recession after that for YEARS. We are having 9/11 deaths daily – do you really think that we will have a better economy than post 9/11 if people keep dying in record numbers? We won’t. I mean, beyond the undertakers.
- The GOP and these big corporations have proven beyond a shadow of doubt that they don’t care about you. They are willing to kill you, your family, your friends, your neighbors, and anyone else that gets in the way of their profit margin. They aren’t the ones who will be working when the economy opens back up, you will be, and if you die they won’t be sad, they will just replace you. Because they don’t care if you live or die. You are a cog in their machine, nothing more.
There is no way around this sucking. It sucks. People are dying, losing jobs, losing businesses, losing their minds, etc. It is going to be a while before you can do whatever you want to do, and I feel you, it sucks. But it is a far sight better than the alternatives.
But keep in mind it is because of a virus, not because Pritzker is being mean to you.